A Natural Remedy for Diarrhoea Treatment
Most people suffer from Diarrhoea at one point in their lives. We have been treating clients suffering from Diarrhoea for over 25 years often where modern treatments have failed. Diarrheoa usually occurs when there is too much liquid in your bowels or when the liquid cannot be absorbed by the bowels. This causes the stool to become loose and result in multiple trips.
Diarrhoea is usually a symptom of Gastroenteritis, which is a bowel infection. This can be caused by viral (such as norovirus), bacterial (such as salmonella or e.coli, which results in food poisoning), food intolerance, IBS, IBD or parasitic infections.
Diarrhoea can also occur for short periods of time from stress, anxiety and potentially a side effect of various medications.
For a more chronic cases of Diarrhoea (one that lasts more than three weeks), is typically caused by more serious conditions such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Crohn’s, Colitis, Coeliac disease and Bowel cancer, to name a few.
Symptoms of Diarrhoea tend to be: frequent bouts of very watery loose stool, dehydration, fever, stomach pains/cramps and sometimes nausea/vomiting.
Whilst the treatment protocol below is a general overview. We always recommend booking a consultation face to face or if this is not possible then a consultation over the phone.
Diet advice for Diarrhoea;
- Avoid spicy food.
- Avoid junk food.
- Try to avoid high fiber food until symptoms calm down.
- Take small pieces of ginger and make them into a paste by mixing with buttermilk. Take this 2-3 times a day. Ginger extract can also be taken along with lemon juice to get fast relief from vomiting and nausea.
- Take equal amount (2-3 tablespoon) of ginger and lemon extract, add little amount of black pepper powder into it. Take this mixture 3-4 times a daily. Individuals suffering from diarrhoea may also take ginger tea (not all hot water, add half cup of cold water to help re-hydration).
- Warm water immediately after vomiting. This soothes the stomach and gives relief from abdominal pain.
- Rubbing your stomach or putting a warm towel or cotton cloth over the stomach for some time to reduce the pain.
Lifestyle & hygiene advice;
- Since the most common cause of diarrhoea is contaminated food, either taken outside or brought home; it is very unfortunate that many people do not bother to check the manufacturing and expiry date of perishable food items like milk products, bread, cakes, meat, fish, and canned foods, etc. These expiry dated foods are the major cause of diarrhoea.
- Keep your house, especially kitchen clean (use natural [non toxic] house cleaning products such as Ecover). Keep the utensils, plates, napkins, vegetable knives etc clean.
- Use dish washers containing lemon or add a couple of slices of fresh lemon to your washing up liquid when washing up.
- Do not use rusted knifes for preparing food, also the cutting board should be of good quality and washed thoroughly after every use.
- Take special care while cleaning your refrigerator.
- See the temperature of the freezer and other sections are set at right temperatures.
- Always eat fresh and well-cooked food (especially meat and eggs). If the food is left, keep it in refrigerator, and heat it before eating.
- Never keep food at room temperature for more than 2-3 hours.
- Check the manufacturing and expiry date of any foods before buying them and the seal of any canned foods.
- Cook meat and fish at suitable temperature (temperature at which all the germs are killed). Also preserve these food items at appropriate temperature inside refrigerator.
- Always wash your hands before cooking, serving, and eating food.
- If any utensil is used for mincing meat or other non-vegetarian or other perishable food items, do not use it for other food items without properly cleaning it.
- Do not use the oil which is left in the pan after cooking something. Harmful chemical reactions takes place within the oil when heated to high temperatures and can be harmful to the body if ingested. Do not eat fried food outside, because you don’t know if the cooking oil is of good quality or not.
- Always take lemon water before going to bed. This helps in easy digestion and will also keep the bowel movement correct.
- Avoid eating outside as much as possible, even if you do make sure the food you are served is fresh, healthy, and cooked in a hygienic manner and with good intention.
According to traditional knowledge for natural remedies we recommend a treatment for the duration of 40 days (6 weeks). Please see table below as a guide for Diarrhoea we developed from customer feedback over the last 25 years.
- tb/s = Tablespoon is 15ml
- t/s = Teaspoon is 5ml
|Mercy Ocean Aqua (Wild Oregano)|
6 Week Treatment Package for Diarrhoea Treatment