Kidney Stones Treatment
A Natural Remedy for Kidney Stones
Kidney Stones usually form when there is a build up of a certain chemical in the body. They are also more likely to develop if you don’t drink enough fluids. The chemicals that contribute to the formation of kidney stones are:
- Uric acid
However it is not just chemicals alone that can lead to the formation of kidney stones. We have found the following factors lead to recurrent kidney stones;
- Sedentary lifestyle (or bed-bound)
- High protein diet with very little fibre
- Have only one working kidney
- Had kidney stones before, particularly before 25
- Kidney or Urinary Infections
- Intestinal bypass or conditions affecting small intestine
Along with the aforementioned factors, things such as medication can also cause your body to develop kidney stones.
There are four different types of kidney stones, each caused by a different chemical or factor;
- Calcium stones -These are the most common type of kidney stones. These form when there is too much calcium in the urine. This could be due to conditions such as hypercalcuria (an inherited condition, which leads to large amounts of calcium in the urine.), an overactive parathyroid gland (this gland helps to regulate the levels of calcium in your body.), kidney disease, some cancers and also a rare disease called sarcoidosis.
- Uric acid stones – These form if there is a large amount of uric acid in your urine. This can be caused by eating a high protein diet that includes a lot of meat, chemotherapy, an inherited condition that causes higher levels of acid in the body or conditions such as Gout.
- Struvite Stones – These usually form after infections, such as a urinary tract infection. These are more common in women than in men.
- Cystine Stones – These are the rarest form of kidney stones and form through an inherited condition called cystinuria, which affects the amount of acid that is passed in your urine.
Symptoms of kidney stones may not occur until they move around your kidney or are passed into the ureter (the tube connecting the kidney to the bladder). These symptoms include:
- Pain during urination
- Pain in the back and sides, below the ribs
- Pink, red or brown urine
- Urinating more often than normal
- Cloudy or foul-smelling urine
- Nausea and vomiting
- Urinating small amounts
- Pain that comes and goes and fluctuates in intensity
- Pain that travels to the lower abdomen and groin
Whilst the treatment protocol below is a general overview, we always recommend booking a consultation face to face or if this is not possible then a consultation over the phone is also available.
Diet and lifestyle advice for Kidney Stones;
- Fruits like apple, watermelon and figs are very effective for patients suffering from kidney stones. Eat 3-4 apples every day. Similarly, raw watermelon or watermelon extract is also very good for health.
- Pomegranates are also very good for kidney stones. Patient may take its juice or grind its seed into fine paste.
- Green leafy vegetables are essential for maintaining good health and well being. Other vegetables to eat are radish and lady fingers (Occra) are also very useful in treating kidney stones. Patient should eat radish 3-4 times a day. For lady fingers, cut 3-4 raw lady fingers into small pieces and soak it in a bowl of water. After keeping it overnight, press the lady fingers and take out all its extract. Drain the mixture and drink it 2-3 times a day.
- Onion extract is an effective nutritional remedies. Finely slice a single onion and eat with a salad daily. As well as for kidney stones, this is also beneficial for the heart.
- Vitamin A-rich food apricot and pumpkin. Vitamin A is good for patients suffering from kidney stones. It helps in strengthening the urinary system and thus prevents in the formation of stones inside the body; it also controls the growth of protein within the body.
- Drink lots of water, this in fact is the easiest and best way to keep kidney stones under control.
- Fruit Juice (like cranberry) is also good.
- Do not take excess milk or milk products, as these are rich in protein.
- Coconut water and soda is also good for passing off small stones through urine. Coconut water also keeps the body cool, reduces the toxic substances found inside the body.
- Avoid completely oily, fried, fatty and protein-rich food, do not eat anything which cause acidity, say no to alcohol, pickles, chocolates and pastries.
- Individuals suffering from kidney stones should also avoid some vegetables like cauliflower, peas and carrots. Also to be avoided are fruits like strawberries.
Kidney stones sufferers should ensure they have proper rest by having 7-8 hour sleep every night and staying fit with mild exercise.
According to traditional knowledge for natural remedies we recommend a treatment for the duration of 40 days (6 weeks). Please see the table below as a guide for Kidney Stones that we have developed from customer feedback over the last 25 years.
- tb/s = Tablespoon is 15ml
- t/s = Teaspoon is 5ml
|Mercy Oil (Black Seed)|
|Mercy Kidney Aqua (Parsley & Mallow)|
|Mercy Nettle Capsules (Wild Nettle)|
6 Week Treatment Package for Kidney Stones
- 1 x 500ml Mercy Black Seed Oil
- 4 x 500ml Mercy Kidney Aqua
- 2 x 90 Mercy Nettle Capsules