A Natural Remedy for Migraines
Migraines are characterised as being severe, painful headaches, with a throbbing pain or pulsing sensation usually in one side of the head. This can be followed by nausea, vomiting, increased sensitivity to light and sound and flashes of light or blind spots.
The pain can last for hours and even days and can be so severe that the sufferer is unable to do usual daily activities.
Typically we find that there are four stages to migraines, though they may not all be experienced before a migraine attack;
- Prodrome – This happens one or two days before a migraine, almost as a precursor, warning you of the imminent attack. During this phase you may experience constipation, mood swings, stiffness in neck, food cravings, increase in thirst (and urination) and frequent yawning.
- Aura – This may occur before or during Migraines, although most people do not experience this stage of the migraine. Auras are symptoms of the nervous system and are usually visual disturbances. During this phase you may experience muscle weakness (and a feeling as though someone is touching you even if no one is, this is a sensory aura), visual loss (blindness, normally in one side only), perceiving objects or structures that are not actually there, pins and needles in an arm or leg, numbness in the face or one side of the body, hearing sounds (noises or music), uncontrollable twitching or jerking movements and you may also have difficulty speaking.
- Attack -This can last anywhere between four (4) and seventy-two hours (72). During an Attack, the most common symptoms are:
- Blurred vision,
- Nausea and vomiting,
- Sensitivity to light, sounds and even smells and touch,
- Pain on one or both sides of the head (This pain can also feel as if it is a pulsing or throbbing pain),
- Lightheadedness which can also lead to fainting.
4. Post-drome – This comes at the end of the Migraine cycle and for the next 24 hours you may experience dizziness, weakness, confusion, moodiness and sensitivity to light and sound.
Whilst the treatment protocol below is a general overview, we always recommend booking a consultation face to face or if this is not possible then a consultation over the phone is also available.
We highly recommend everyone reads the Lifestyle, Nutrition and Wellbeing advice as this is crucial for the healing process to be effective. According to traditional knowledge for natural remedies we recommend a treatment for the duration of 40 days (6 weeks). Please see the table below as a guide for Migraine that we have developed from customer feedback over the last 25 years.
- tb/s = Tablespoon is 15ml
- t/s = Teaspoon is 5ml
|Mercy Oil (Black Seed)|
|Mercy Nettle Oil (Wild Nettle)|
|Mercy Rosemary Oil (Wild Rosemary)|
|Mercy Neurological Oil (Black Grape Seed)|
6 Week Treatment Package for Migraines
- 1 x 500ml Mercy Black Seed Oil
- 2 x 100ml Mercy Nettle Oil
- 1 x 30ml Mercy Rosemary Oil
- 2 x 100ml Mercy Neurological Oil